domingo, 3 de junio de 2012

                                                   WOMEN'S RIGHTS.

A political cartoon about women's rights.

May Day Parade. 
 "I DO not have all the rights I want. I want the right to close the mines and mills
against the babies and to drive the beaters hired by corporations into a better buisness. I want
the right to put decent and educated men into the offices which shall controll the 
education of my children and the safety of my home. I want the right to legally own my child and
my day's wages in every state of the country. I want the right to say what will be the tariff on the child's shoes, and whether the judge that may condemn me to death shall be a wise man or an ignorant politician. I want the right to protect men and women more unfortunate than myself, and to bring myslef to the advantages, blessings, and liberty which are mine under the constitution. I want all the rights which have to do with dignity, power, honor, usefulness, patriotism, citizinship, and I want them now. Jane"
Miller NAWSA Suffrage Scrapbooks, 1897-1911; Scrapbook 9, page 1



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario